- This event has passed.
Workshop – GP
March 9, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 5:30 pmR300
The Hope Risen Foundation invites you to join an informative workshop that helps bring freedom and restoration to those who are being exploited by Modern Day Slavery. This workshop will give you in-depth training to both equip and empower you to help put an end to Modern Day Slavery by identifying the various forms of Human Trafficking, red flags and the practical steps you can take to report a potential Human Trafficking situation. Justice is in the hands of the ordinary, you can bring freedom and save a life. Are you in? The Workshop will be presented by one of our experienced facilitators. All of the Hope Risen Foundation Facilitators have been involved in the AHT field for at least 3 years and are extremely well equipped to educate in Anti-Human Trafficking and how it affects Society. In addition, there will also be a session on “Looking In” to the Foundation. This session will explain more about what we do and how we do it.
This is a half-day workshop which will address the following:
- Definitions of Human Trafficking (what it is and what it’s not)
- Types of Human Trafficking
- How it happens and who is involved
- Red flags that indicate possible trafficking cases
- Survivor stories
- The trafficking situation in South Africa
- What’s being done and what still needs to be done
- How to protect yourself and your family, and
- Other ways to get involved
- Certificates will be issued for attendance and participation